The Sr. Product Manager assists in the development and implementation of marketing and educational programs, leading segments of the projects as appropriate. Also participates in the development of business plans, product strategies, and tactical implementation
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Developing and executing the marketing plans; working with the sales team, external vendors, and opinion leaders in the market
2. Developing and managing relationships with the key professional and patient advocacy organization
3. Developing promotional education and coordinating educational initiatives
4. Monitoring and evaluating competitive products and marketplace dynamics
5. Coordinating various aspects of key conferences such as ONS, ASCO, Chemo Foundation, and ASH
6. Developing marketing materials and obtaining approval through the appropriate committees
7. Working closely with Sales, Operations and Training to ensure seamless implementation of field level marketing programs
8. Managing funds and resources appropriately
9. Serving as a mentor to more junior product managers and marketing staff.
BA/BA required; biological science degree helpful, but not required
Minimum 7 years' pharma/biotech industry and minimum of 3 years product management/marketing research experience required.
Sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry required.
Sales management experience highly desirable. Product launch experience highly desirable.
Oncology/Hematology market experience preferred
Marketing research and new product development experience highly desirable
Must be PC literate in Microsoft Office Excellent written and oral communication skills required
Competencies Required Technical / Professional Knowledge, Planning and Organizing, Building Positive Working Relationships, Decision Making, Negotiation, Communication, Initiating Action, Customer Focus, Follow up, and Ongoing Listening and Learning